BNA-2, was originally built for the Soo Line in 1958 by Pullman as a shell only. They completed the interior and named it “Minneapolis”. In 1966 it was sold to the GN and put into their business car fleet as A2. At merger time the car was painted “Big Sky” blue and it continued to have that color and number until 1971 when BN painted it in the standard colors of green and white, and changed it’s nomenclature from “A2” to “Columbia River”. This 86ft lightweight car had two large windows in the rear, an open rear platform, mini diaghram and spotlights to obersve the track it just passed over. Just like the other cars it was rebuilt in 1982 to change the heating from steam to electric to remove the need for the Heater Cars.
|Car No||Color||Date changed||Location||Formerly||Now|
|BNA-2||blu/wht||03/01/70||unknown||GN A2||BN A2|
|BNA-2||grn/wht||03/01/71||BN A2||Columbia River|
|BNA-2||1977 diagram page|
|BNA-2||grn/wht||09/01/78||Como Shops||Columbia River|
|BNA-2||after 1982 remodeling diagram page|